The Rainbow Phoenix is Phoenix's racing machine. Like Phoenix, the Rainbow Phoenix is from the future, where it is used as an undercover patrol car for the Galactic Space Police, though Phoenix designed and built it himself. Because of its advanced technology from the future, a performance limiter has been installed to allow it to race in the F-Zero races. The machine currently runs at 80 percent of its full potential.
Profiles and statistics
F-Zero GX / AX
In F-Zero AX, Phoenix and the Rainbow Phoenix are available from the start. In F-Zero GX, they become available for purchase after the player has cleared chapter 1 in Story mode on Very Hard difficulty. The Rainbow Phoenix is available to use in four colors: Red (default), orange, blue, and green.
|The Rainbow Phoenix is usually used as an undercover patrol car. It wasn't built by the Galactic Space Police, though--Phoenix designed and built it himself in secret. It's tuned to be a very easy machine for novice pilots to control. Since it's actually a machine from the future made with an unknown advanced technology, it has the ability to win the championship easily. Because of this unfair advantage, a limiter has been installed to reduce its capabilities. The Rainbow Phoenix currently runs at only 80 percent of its potential.|
- When the Rainbow Phoenix boosts from a Dash Zone or Boost, the wings expand.
- Despite being called the Rainbow Phoenix, it's only red.
- This is one of two machines with misleading color names along with the Silver Rat which is orange.
- The Rainbow Phoenix's engines are similar to the Blue Falcon's having the first letters of the words in front followed by a 2000 number.
- Similarly, the Blue Falcon's original engines were BF2001s as revealed in the Blood Hawk's engines.
|Machines of F-Zero|