Billy is a monkey who entered the F-Zero tournament to prove that his is the superior species. He was raised in a laboratory where he was taught literacy and communication skills, and is descended from the first monkey who went to space. Billy is an exceptionally skilled pilot and, at age 7 in F-Zero GX, is also the youngest racer in the Grand Prix.
Billy is a monkey from planet Odyapes, and is descended from the first monkey (of his species) to go into space. He was raised in a lab, where he learned to read and communicate. By the age of 6 (middle age for his species, who only live to be about 16), he had been provided with a vehicle and was racing in the F-Zero Grand Prix. He became popular amongst the other racers for his playful nature, and befriended many of them. He longs to prove that monkeys are a superior race, and has great enough racing skills to do just that. In F-Zero GX, he seemed somewhat obsessed with money.
Billy's vehicle, the Mad Wolf, was built by the same laboratory that raised him. It is a balanced machine with fairly poor grip.
Billy is a hunching monkey who's entire body (save for his hands, feet, and face) is covered in thick hair. His limbs are long and powerful, and he wears a suit that covers only his torso, with large, metal rings around his wrists and ankles. His chest and shoulders are heavily armored. In F-Zero GX he wears a belt buckle that sports the face of AiAi from Super Monkey Ball, another game developed by Sega.
In F-Zero Climax, Billy could be unlocked by coming in first place in the Bronze Cup on Master difficulty.
Profiles and statistics
- (1998) F-Zero X instruction manual (in English). Nintendo, pp. 23.
- (2003-08-25) in Amusement Vision: F-Zero GX instruction manual (in English). Nintendo, pp. 35.
- Pilot & Machine. F-Zero.com (2003). Retrieved on 2011-09-26.
- Sackenheim, Shawn. Billy's Biography. All Game Guide. Retrieved on 2011-09-26.
- Mr. F-Zero: Congratulations on your stunning victory! Billy: Hurry up. Where's my prize money? Nintendo EAD. F-Zero GX. Nintendo. Nintendo GameCube. (in English). 2003-08-26.
- F-Zero Climax Pilot & Machine (Japanese). Nintendo. Retrieved on 2011-09-26.
| Racer #10
| Racer #11
| Racer #12|
|Characters of F-Zero|