Welcome to the F-Zero Wiki! We are currently in the midst of updating, so account creation is locked and some things may not work properly.
If you see something that needs fixed and you don't already have an account, please contact an admin through Discord.
The Emblem Editor is a feature used in the Garage mode of F-Zero GX. Essentially a heavily scaled-down drawing program, it allows players to design various emblems that can be affixed to custom vehicles.
Individual emblems are saved onto the memory card and require 3 blocks each to save. Emblems can be saved to and loaded from memory cards in either Slot A or Slot B of the console.
Players can draw on a single square canvas with the following commands available for their brush:
- Draw, which adds a single pixel when the A button is pressed. Holding the A button and moving the cursor will continue to draw pixels.
- Erase, which removes pixels when the A button is pressed. Holding the A button and moving the cursor will continue to erase pixels.
- Fill, which fills an area with the selected colour.
- Line, which creates lines. Pressing A will place the start of the line, and pressing it a second time elsewhere on the canvas will create an unbroken line between the two points.
- Draw a Circle, where pressing A and moving the cursor will create a single circle. This tool can only draw circles, and not ellipses.
- Draw a Rectangle, where pressing A and moving the cursor will create a single rectangle. Unlike the previous tool, it does not automatically scale the edges of the rectangle to form a perfect square.
- Enlarge the Edit Screen, which allows the player to decide between three levels of zoom on the canvas, allowing for finer adjustments to the emblem.
- Draw and Fill a Circle, which is identical to Draw a Circle, but automatically fills the circle instead of creating a hollow shape.
- Draw and Fill a Rectangle, which is identical to Draw a Rectangle, but automatically fills the rectangle instead of creating a hollow shape.
- Rotate Emblem, which allows the player to rotate the emblem by 90 degrees in any direction.
- Invert Emblem, which flips the emblem along the y-axis.
- Load a Sample, which allows the player to select a pre-designed emblem and edit it with the tools they have.
- Clear Emblem, which completely blanks the canvas.
- Undo Operation, which clears the previous action by the player
- Redo Operation, which re-adds anything cleared by the player via Undo Operation
- Load Emblem, which allows the player to load any emblem they have made and edit it
- Save Emblem, which allows the player to save their emblem, either as a new emblem or as an updated version of an older emblem
- Close the Editor, which exits the player back to the Garage menu.
The controls for the Emblem Editor are as follows:
- Control stick / D-pad: Select between menu functions; pressing A will change the focus from the menus to the canvas.
- A button: Switches focus to canvas if focus was on menus; activates commands when pressed in the canvas
- B button: Switchs focus to menus if focus was on canvas; quits mode if focus is on menus
- X button: Eyedropper button, saves the current RGB colour and applies it to the current tool.
- Y button: Provides a grid to help align the player's brush.
- Z button: Changes the size of the player's brush, from 1 pixel to 81 pixels
- Start/Pause: Displays a help menu
- C-stick: Selects from a variety of colours available, alongside allowing access to an RGB mixer to select further colours.