| Super Smash Bros. Melee
|| HAL Laboratory
|| Nintendo GameCube
|| Single-player, multiplayer
|| GameCube Disk
| Release date(s)
|| November 21, 2001
| North America
|| December 3, 2001
|| May 24, 2002
|| May 31, 2002
Super Smash Bros. Melee, known in Japan as Dairantō Smash Brothers X (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Ekkusu), is a fighting game featuring a variety of Nintendo characters released for the Nintendo GameCube. It is the second game in the Super Smash Bros. series. This game includes several new characters and features. Among these features are the Event Match and Trophies.
Captain Falcon returns in this games, this time as a default character.
Captain Falcon is one of the most powerful characters in the game (After Bowser and Ganondorf) with arguably some of the best combo potential in the entire game. Like in Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64, he can combo every character in the game. Captain Falcon also has a o-called clone character in this game: Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda.
Ganondorf is a much slower, much more powerful version of Captain Falcon and is by far the strongest character in the game.
- Neutral A - Captain Falcon does 2 quick punches, followed by a knee kick nd rapid punches. Essentialy the same as in Super Smash Bros. 64, but more useful due to being stronger and better in combos. First 2 hits do 3% damage, the knee 8% and the rapid punches 1% each.
- Forward Tilt - Captain Falcon does a roundhouse kick with medium range, but is slow, generally can't be used in combos and is weak for a move from Captain Falcon. 11% damage.
- Down Tilt - Captain Falcon sweeps his legs across the floor, wich weakly knocks the opponent upwards. Weak, but good for combos 12% damage.
- Up Tilt - Captain Falcon pulls his leg up and brings it down. Powerful knockback, but doesn't have a lot of combo potential (If any at all) and thus it is mostly used to get opponents off the edge. Does powerful knockback, however, it´s damage output is quite low for a move of such power, with 11%.
Dash Attack - Captain Falcon does a shoulder ram 11%.
- Forward Smash - Smashes opponent with elbow. Slow, but is very strong (3rd most powerful F-Smash) and has decent reach. 20% uncharged, 27% fully charged.
- Up Smash - Spins and kicks upward with both legs. Short horizontal reach, but very good vertical range. 19% Uncharged, 27% fully charged.
- Down Smash - Kicks in front and behind him. Slow, but good power and long reach. Front kick does 18% uncharged, 24% fully charged. Back kick does 16% unchared, 21% fully charged.
- Neutral Air - Does 2 kicks, his forward air from Super Smash Bros. 64, however only does 13% compared to 22% (As nearly all charcters moves in this game have been toned down in speed and damage) Very good for comboing.
- Forward Air: Knee Smash - Captain Falcon thrusts his knee forward, wich does 5% damage. However, if you manage to hit someone with the initial hit, it will do 18% damage with an extreme amount of knockback. One of the best moves in the game, it has been nicknamed the Knee of Justice, and is one of the strongest aerial attacks in the game.
- Back Air - Backhand punch. It is more or less exactly the same as his back air in Smash Bros. 64, aside from doing 2% less damage, doing 14% in this game.
- Up Air - Does a flip kick with very good combo potential and decent damage. Not as good as it was in Smash 64, it is still one of his best moves. 13% damage.
- Down Air - Stomps below his with good power. Is somewhat slow, but sends opponents straight down, usually for a kill at medium-high damage. 16% damage.
- Neutral Special: Falcon Punch - Throws an extremely powerful punch with his fist surrounded by a flame in the shape of a falcon. Is very slow, but very powerful. 25% damage.
- Side Special: Raptor Boost - Captain Falcon rushes forward and does a flaming uppercut. Good for combos, but the move is weak on its own. 6% damage.
- Up Special: Falcon Dive - Captain Falcon leaps through the air and attacks anyone he passes with an explosion. Can be used multiple times if he hits someone with it each time. 17% damage.
- Down Special: Falcon Kick - Dos a blazing kick while sliding forward at high speed. Covers a long distance and does decent damage. If he uses it in mid-air, he´ll go straight down at a slight angle and regain his double jump if it´s already used. 13% damage.
In this game Captain Falcon has two stages related to him the first being Mute City and the second being Big Blue. In the Adventure Mode there is another stage F-Zero themed called F-Zero Grand Prix in wich players have to reach the ending line while avoiding the F-Zero racers, and afther that they have to K.O. Captain Falcon.
The game has nine F-Zero related trophies, among them are trophies of Jody Summer, Dr. Stewart and Samurai Goroh. Mute City also appears as a Trophy.
- The Male Wire Frame and Red Alloy were modeled after Captain Falcon; having some of the exact same attacks. The Wire Frame and Alloy also look like Captain Falcon.
- A soundtrack from Mach Rider plays as a alternative music for the Big Blue stage.
BulbapediaDonkey Kong WikiFire Emblem WikiLylat WikiMetroid WikiNookipediaSuper Mario WikiSmashWikiStrategyWikiWikiBound