| Super Smash Bros.
| Release date(s)
|| January 21, 1999|
Virtual Console: January 20, 2009
| North America
|| April 26, 1999|
Virtual Console: December 21, 2009
|| November 19, 1999|
Virtual Console: June 12, 2009
Super Smash Bros., known in Japan as Nintendo All Star! Great Melee Smash Brothers (ニンテンドーオールスター！大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ Nintendō Ōru Sutā! Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu?), is a crossover fighting game developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64. It was released in Japan on January 21, 1999, in North America on April 26, 1999, and in Europe on November 19, 1999. Super Smash Bros. is the first game in the Super Smash Bros. series, and was followed by Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube in 2001 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii in 2008. Super Smash Bros. was released for the Virtual Console in Japan on January 20, 2009, in Europe on June 12, 2009 and in North America on December 21, 2009. The game features Captain Falcon as a playable fighter, who is unlocked by meeting certain requirements. Super Smash Bros. received mostly positive reviews from the media. It was commercially successful, selling over 4.9 million copies, with 2.93 million copies sold in the United States, and 1.97 million copies sold in Japan.
Captain Falcon's moveset does not feature any resemblance to the F-Zero games, but they somewhat look like the fighting style Captain Falcon uses in the comics of F-Zero manuals.
A lot of his moves are also related to either falcons and/or fire, as his name suggests.
Captain Falcon in this game is very fast (Very fast aerial speed, fastest running speed, and fast attacks for how powerful they are.), with powerful moves and a huge amount of combos, being able to effectively combo nearly every single character in the game.
- Neutral Attack - Captain Falcon does a jab, followed by another fast punch, then a knee kick before a series of punches. This move is fast, though a little awkward for combos. This attack does 2-3% damage for the first hit, 3-4% damage for the second hit, 2-4% damage for the third hit and 1% damage for every other hit.
- Forward Tilt - Captain Falcon kicks to his side. Like most Forward Tilts, this one can be angled if used correctly. This move does 13% damage.
- Down Tilt - Captain Falcon does a quick kick while crouching. This move does 11% damage.
- Up Tilt - Captain Falcon puts his leg up high and drops it quickly. This attack is unique because it can hit from behind, and at the start of the move, above Captain Falcon. The move in general is somewhat long, though. It is often thrown with his wall combos for its range and damage. Two hits of 4-9% and 6-14% for a total of 23% damage.
Dash Attack - Does a shoulder ram that deals around 14% damage.
- Neutral Air - Captain Falcon does a quick kick, wich comes out fast, is powerful, and has a long duration. 16% damage and very powerful knockback at the inital hit, gets weaker the longer it's out.
- Forward Air - Captain Falcon does 2 kicks, wich is often the starting move for combos, and can chase opponents rolling well. 22% damage in total.
- Back Air - Captain Falcon punches behind himself. High knockback, but generally not as good for combos as his forward or up air attacks. 16% damage.
- Up Air - Captain Falcon does a flip kick, wich can hit all around him except directly below him. Incredible combo potential, can combo into itself multiple times and virtually every other of his aerial attacks. 16% damage.
- Down Air - Captain Falcon stomps below him, wich comes out incredibly fast and sends opponents straight down very powerfully. Even though Captain Falcon kicks downwards, opponents can be hit even when they connect with Captain Falcons body or head. 14% damage.
- Neutral Special: Falcon Punch - Captain Falcon delivers a powerful punch with a flame in the shape of a falcon surrounding his arm. Is slow, but one of the strongest moves in the game.
- Up Special: Falcon Dive - Leaps up into the air and when he connect with an opponent, he grabs him and launches him off with a powerful explosion. Can be used multiple times in mid-air, as long as he manages to hit someone each time.
- Down Special: Falcon Kick - Does a fast sliding kick wich covers a long distance. When executing this move, Falcons leg becomes surrounded by fire. Goes downwards and left/right at a slight angle if used in mid-air.
BulbapediaDonkey Kong WikiLylat WikiMetroid WikiSuper Mario WikiSmashWikiStrategyWikiWikiBoundWiKirbyZelda Wiki